Established after the 25th Jubilee due to an expanding College roll and named after Brother Ferdinand Clancy, Leader of the Christian Brothers at the time.
The emblems of the Christian Brothers and the Dominicans acknowledge the founding orders of the College.
The koru symbolises, new life and growth and reminds us of our deep connection with our earth.
Named after Brother Felix Magee, the first Rector of the College in 1927.
The Redcastle building, built in 1903, symbolises the establishment of the College in 1927. It links the current 26 hectares of College grounds with the Redcastle Estate of St John McLean Buckley.
The Mangopare (hammerhead) symbolises natural abundance, strength and determination.
Named after Brother Ambrose Treacy, who lead the establishment of the Christian Brothers schools in Australasia in 1869.
The celtic cross symbolises our links with Ireland and the ship symbolises the journey of our founding orders to New Zealand.
The kowhaiwhai symbolise whakapapa and the whanau bond.
Named after Bishop James Whyte, Bishop of the Dunedin Diocese at the time of establishment of the College in 1927.
Bishop Whyte invited our founding orders to establish schools in North Otago and supported the purchase of the Redcastle Estate, that gave us the spacious grounds which we enjoy today.
The pikotoru (triple twist) symbolises community and the bond between cultures. Three twists also refer to the ‘three baskets of knowledge’ and the Matau (fish hook) at the end of each emphasises prosperity.