Google Meeting Rooms for Staff and Kāhui Ako (you need to have permission to view)
How do I Join a Google Meeting in Classroom?
If your teacher turns on Meet for Classroom, you can join a video meeting for your class. You can’t join a class video meeting until the teacher starts the meeting.
To use Meet, you have to sign in to Classroom with a school account. Your account looks like email@example.com
- Go to classroom.google.com.
- Click the class.
- Choose an option:
- On the Stream page, at the top, click the Meet link.
- On the Classwork page, at the top, click Meet .
- On an announcement or post, click the link for the class video meeting.
- (Optional) To allow Meet to use your camera and microphone, click Allow.
- Before joining the meeting, in the top-right corner, check that you’re signed in with your Classroom account. If not, switch to your Classroom account.
- To join the class video meeting, click Join now.
To leave the video meeting, in Meet, click Leave call icon.
Help with setting up your device for a Google Meeting step by step
Visit the school website: Online Learning> Google Meetings>
Select a Class or a Teacher meeting and click the link.
The example shows what happens when you join the 9C all day meeting.
When you join, remember to mute your microphone...
If you Mic is not working or you cannot hear or see the others, follow these instructions:
- Find the three dots in the bottom right of the screen. Click on them> select settings> .
- Adjust the audio and video settings to find the correct mic, camera and speaker.
- You can also adjust the resolution to 720p if you have fast internet.
- If these settings do not sort things, try turning your machine off and on.
If you have slow internet, turn off your video and listen with the only the audio.
This option uses less data as well.
All the best with your video conference.